Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chocolate Cake In A Mug

My mother-in-law just sent me this recipe, and we kind of like it. Since it's microwaved, it was a bit chewy (maybe we cooked it too long?). My brother-in-law and my kids hated it. My husband liked it. It's much better eaten warm with ice cream than later when it's cool.

(Serves 2)
1 mug
4 Tbsp regular flour
4 Tbsp sugar
Dash salt
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp chocolate chips
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug & mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again. Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed. Allow to cool a little, tip out onto a plate and enjoy! (Needs ice cream.)

No comments: