Monday, December 1, 2008

Chicken Paprika

My sister lives in Hungary part of the year and said this recipe is very authentic, except it is done in a crock pot and super easy.

1 medium chicken (actually easier if you use boneless chicken breasats)
3 c. water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
2 whole tomatoes
1 chopped onion
1/2 green bell pepper
2 T paprika
2 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 c sour cream

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot except sour cream. Cook on High for about 6 hours. When chicken is done, remove bones, cut up chicken into bite sized portions and return to crockpot. Thicken the soup with 1/4 c. flour mixed with 1/3 c. water. When thickened turn croc kpot off and let cool slightly. Before serving stir in 1 cup sour cream.
Serve with rice or noodles.

1 comment:

Hambone Jacobs said...

So I love to cook and I am related to Christy and Deana. They married my cousins. Is there any chance I could join your blog? I used to nanny for about 7 years and had to be creative with cooking. Some kosher, so creative, etc... So, let me know if that is alright. Thanks. Email is jacobs.amber@gmail.com.

Amber