Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cooking for Dummies Chicken

A new twist on Sweet & Sour Chicken. If you don't have Catalina dressing (I didn't), mix 1/2 C ketchup, 1/4 C oil, and 1/4 C vinegar/lemon juice. You can also try different jam flavors.

1 C Catalina dressing
1 C apricot jam
1 envelope onion soup mix
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Mix dressing, jam, and soup. Put chicken in foil-lined pan and cover well with sauce. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve with rice.

1 comment:

Michelle Wilkes said...

I love this recipe! Been making it for years, except I also throw in a can of pineapple tidbits, really gives it that sweet-n-sour chicken taste. Sometimes I cook rice to go with it, depends on the day!
I also gather all the ingredients (except the chicken), put it in a ziplock bag so that I know I have everything to make it without having to search the cupboards trying to remember if I used my last packet of onion soup mix or not!