Monday, June 2, 2008

Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad

This is on behalf of my sister-in-law Kara. She gave me this recipe and I made it today--it's one of my all-time favorite pasta salads. Different. Also nice because most of the stuff I always have in my pantry, and it's easy to leave out things or substitute if you're missing something.

I make half the recipe because it makes SO MUCH!

2/3 C oil
2/3 C teriyaki sauce
2/3 C white wine vinegar
6 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
16 oz bow-tie pasta, cooked
10 oz bag fresh spinach
6 oz craisins
3 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 cans water chestnuts, drained
1/2 C fresh parsley
1 bunch green onions
1/4 C sesame seeds, toasted
6 oz honey roasted peanuts
2 C cooked chicken, cut into small pieces

Mix first 6 ingredients. Pour over cooked pasta and let marinate for a few hours. Mix in other ingredients. Add spinach at the very last minute before serving. (I like leftovers, so I don't mix the spinach into the big bowl. I mix it with individual portions at serving time so the leftovers don't get slimy.)

No comments: